Saturday, May 23, 2015

Invisible Kid I: Hot or Not?

What happens when we let a group of candid women with no real Legion knowledge deliver their first impressions of the original Invisible Kid? For entertainment purposes only. Rated PG-13.
Participants
Our honorary Legion members are...
Art Girl - Is invisible because she lives in the deep outskirts of town.
DJ Nath - Is invisible in that way librarians can be.
Havana Nights - Wears camouflage pajamas in an effort not to be seen by those who would have her do household chores.
Lip-Bomb - Has an invisible means of communication called telepathy. Follow her You-Tube channel, Mind Linked, which she shares with her sister Nath, along with her very MIND.
Shotgun - Not invisible. Definitely not stealthy.
Moderator: Siskoid - Wishes he WERE invisible.

Invisible Kid (AKA Lyle Norg) is a super-scientist who created an invisibility serum. This biochemistry genius graduated from university at the age of 8 and set about helping humanity with his gifts. Quietly competent, he tends to push himself because he fears he's not as powerful as other Legionnaires; his social life takes the biggest hit, though he was a friendly sort of person.

First impressions on Invisible Kid
Art-Girl: Wow. His face, I don't hate it. But I don't love it.
Havana Nights: I think he looks sweet.
DJ Nath: Aww, yeah, he looks really nice.
Art-Girl: His intelligence intimidates me!
Lip-Bomb: He looks really nice!
Art-Girl: Seems really sweet and generous.
DJ Nath: Another useless headband, which is kind of annoying.
Art-Girl: The headband doesn't bother as much since it doesn't have a useless gem on it like Colossal Boy's. This is just the headband you wear to the gym.
Shotgun: Well he needs to look sporty so his opponents think he's a dumbass.
Lip-Bomb: The drawing in high up in the surprint, it's like he's saying "Look! I'm doing sports!!"
Art-Girl: Hahahahahaha.
DJ Nath: Haha aww. Yeah, seems like he plays squash or something, just to say he plays a sport.
Art-Girl: And you don't want your sweat to get into your eyes.
Havana Nights: He has a polo shirt.
Shotgun: Weird color choices.
DJ Nath: Yeah, awful colour scheme.
Art-Girl: Weird is the word, Shotgun. Horrible is more like it. Orange, green and brown, nononononononono.
Lip-Bomb: I don't know if it's because we were talking about penises last time, but that green thing.
Shotgun: That green thing on his shirt? Cripes, that IS a green penis.
DJ Nath: Yup, totally agree. Looks like a penis.
Havana Nights: I'm sure he didnt mean it as a penis.
Art-Girl: GREEN PENIS AND HAM!
Havana Nights: Guys, stop being mean to the nice boy.
DJ Nath: Is it a symbol for something? Like for science? Ha ha!
Lip-Bomb: Penises, Nath, it's the symbol for penises.
DJ Nath: Hahaha
Art-Girl: That's his real super-power, super penisssss.
Shotgun: Super smart penis.
Art-Girl: Yesss.
Siskoid: Well this went off the rails quickly.
Havana Nights: I feel like his personality would make him really insecure in bed. Was it good for you? Really? Are you sure?
Shotgun: Ok, so he's not very physical so he has to disarm a senior citizen?
Lip-Bomb: Digging his hair. I have a thing about hair.
DJ Nath: Yeah, good hair, good flow.
Art-Girl: He looks like someone who would come to your office wit surprise flowers. Surprise chocolate.
Shotgun: No, really, am I the only one who thinks his action shot with the old man less than convincing?
Art-Girl: ...surprise car.
Havana Nights: SURPRISE PENIS!
Shotgun: Surprise boyfriend, since he's invisible.
Havana Nights: Hahaha! Everything is a surprise!
Lip-Bomb: Hold on, the serum he invented, it's permanent and switchable? He's invisible... when he likes?
Shotgun: Maybe that's why his suit is so awful, no one supposed to see it.
Art-Girl: From the description, he seems so willing to please everyone and you can see it in his expression and posture.
Lip-Bomb: I feel like he could be funny.
Shotgun: He looks like he's asking me for the next dance.
Lip-Bomb: Or at least clever.
Shotgun: And that's both cool and cute.
Havana Nights: Well, he's smart.
Art-Girl: I'll dance with him!
Havana Nights: Right. I'm sure he's a gentleman.

On the Reboot costume
Shotgun: Ahh yess!!!
Havana Nights: It's like he's standing in fog.
Shotgun: No, he's just disappearing.
Art-Girl: I just want to admire all those muscles that are just right. He doesn't make me scared of getting crushed when he hugs me.
Lip-Bomb: His hair would be really cool in the 90's. Also, I still like it.
Art-Girl: I am intrigued!
Shotgun: But still with the awful headband.
Havana Nights: Yeah the look is hot... And he's a little more of a bad boy here.
Lip-Bomb: Reminds me of Shawn Hunter from Boy Meets World.
DJ Nath: Totally.
Shotgun: The jacket is the best.
Havana Nights: I like it.
Shotgun: So the penis on the other one, it was a "i" all along?
Art-Girl: The "i" on the last costume was a fail.
Lip-Bomb: I don't know where theses heroes are getting their jackets, but I want all of them.
Art-Girl: Like, if I saw him in real life and he talked to me with his badass attitude and, like, a nice voice and the right words, Art-Girl would giggle and turn red.
DJ Nath: A+ on outfit minus headband.
Lip-Bomb: In the old and new version he's not intensely muscly. That makes me happy.
Art-Girl: Me too, he has just enough muscle; his real muscle is his brain.
DJ Nath: Yeah, way into not huge men.
Shotgun: True, not too muscled. I like the brain vs. muscle contrast.
Havana Nights: Well, he's brains, not brawn.
Art-Girl: And he's a badass, cool guy, but still super-gentlemanly.
DJ Nath: Yeah seems like he might always try and one-up people, but still likeable.
Art-Girl: So how did he get a uniform that vanishes like he does?
Havana Nights: Maybe he washed it in the serum. A man who does his own laundry. That's hot.
DJ Nath: #Fact
Lip-Bomb: Haha.
Shotgun: Yessss.
Lip-Bomb: He looks less sweet here though, potentially pretentious. I still don't hate that though.
DJ Nath: Invisibility is a pretty cool power, but more passive, which seems to fit with his personality.
Art-Girl: I'm not sure how, but I think I'd have some fun with his powers, as long as he doesn't vanish my clothes.
Lip-Bomb: Hopefully, he's honest, because invisibility, man.
Havana Nights: He looks honest.
Shotgun: I think it's sad that he has to prove himself to the others. Not cool, guys.
Lip-Bomb: I hope he sings a theme song for himself in his head.
Shotgun: He's a genius... who cares if he's not super-strong?
Siskoid: I have a couple of shocking reveals, when you're ready.
Art-Girl: Ohhh no, I love this guy, don't ruin it!
Havana Nights: Ok what are these shockers?
Shotgun: Alright.. I'm intrigued, go! He's a virgin?

Shocker #1: He is gay
Art-Girl: Gasp emoticon!
Havana Nights: Oh noes! The best ones always are!
Shotgun: Oh!
Art-Girl: Damn it.
Lip-Bomb: Aww man… he was my favorite.
Shotgun: Well that's just sad for us. But I wanna be his best buddy. Is he, like, super flamboyant?
Siskoid: It was never expressly shown in the comics, but it was strongly hinted that he had a relationship with another male Legionnaire (yet to come on this series).
Art-Girl: With all the upcoming Legionnaires, we'll be like, he's the one, stop hiding it!
Havana Nights: An INVISIBLE relationship.
Shotgun: Aww damn!!!
Art-Girl: My favorite and you rip it away from me Siskoid, f-------
Lip-Bomb: Ooooh
Shotgun: Oh no!!!
Shotgun: What if he made himself invisible because he couldn't deal with his sexual orientation. Poor guy.
Lip-Bomb: Awwwww heartbroken!
DJ Nath: It's so symbolic that a gay character has invisibility.
Shotgun: Now I'm sad
Art-Girl: I'm sad now too.
Havana Nights: I wish he were my best friend.
Shotgun: Now I wanna hug him and tell him that it's ok.
DJ Nath: Well, since he can't be a boyfriend, we would certainly be his friends. He seems cool and he could probably do math for me when I need it.
Shotgun: Nath, come on... I can do your math for you.
Lip-Bomb: …maybe the green penis is a subtle hint?
Art-Girl: Makes so much sense!
Shotgun: Oh God...
DJ Nath: #Subtlety

Shocker #2: He is dead
Siskoid: Invisible Kid is one of the few Legionnaires to die in action, crushed by the monstrous Validus.
Art-Girl: Frown emoticon. OMG!
DJ Nath: Dead dead?
Havana Nights: Oh noes!
Lip-Bomb: Oh come on! NOOOO!!!
Shotgun: JESUS CHRIST, SISKOID!
Havana Nights: My heart!
DJ Nath: Awh man, super bummer.
Art-Girl: You ripped him even more away from me, Siskoid. You're just cruel!
Shotgun: I was invested in him. I wanted to know him and maybe be besties.
Art-Girl: I wanted to be there for him and, like, go antique shopping with him every Sunday!
DJ Nath: Crushed as well. Kind of a dig at the fact that he's not insanely strong. Well, that's sad.
Havana Nights: Poor ex new gay best friend.
Shotgun: You cannot kill that boy genius.
Art-Girl: You a-hole.
Shotgun: Look at Validus' face... or lack thereof.
Siskoid: Well, it's the Legion... it was rebooted several time and Invisible Kid lived again - to wear that black suit, for example. [This comment drowned out by the shouting]
Shotgun: We will avenge you!!!
Art-Girl: You took him away once and  now twice, my heart it like triple crushed.
Lip-Bomb: F--- that guy. Invisible kid's brain is better that your brain.
Art-Girl: You say it, Lip-Bomb!!!
Siskoid: Crazy Legion lore... Validus is the mutated baby of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl stolen from birth by Darkseid.
Art-Girl: .....
Havana Nights: Nooooooo!
Shotgun: OH COME ON NOW!
Lip-Bomb: I have complex feelings about all this. You weren't invisible to us!!
Art-Girl: Never. You were always there. I will always be there for your as a friend and a companion.
Shotgun: So he died in the brown ugly suit. Hopefully they gave him something nicer for the funeral.
Art-Girl: They couldn't find him for a funeral.
DJ Nath: Man... that's sad.

The verdict
Shotgun: I wouldn't date him... He's gay and dead.
Art-Girl: Crushed, I'm completely crushed!!!
Shotgun: Was he cremated? Then super hot!
Havana Nights: He's hot in that unattainable way.
DJ Nath: I agree.
Art-Girl: Well, this falls in the same category of my crush on Freddy Mercury.
Shotgun: We would have fought over him, but sadly...
Lip-Bomb: He's still hot. Obviously not datable for me, but hot.
Art-Girl: Hot, but I also agree with Havana.
Shotgun: Yep, he's hot. But not the brown/green/orange/puke costume.
DJ Nath: Seems like a nice guy, driven and ambitious. I like that in both my boyfriends and my friends so I'm cool with that.
Art-Girl: I would grow a penis for him, haha. But just having him in my life, even as a friend, would bring me joy. We could go shopping, and them play games, and eat chips...
Shotgun: Plus, super smart.
Lip-Bomb: I feel like we could be clever and pretentious together.
Shotgun: Always good to have a smart friend.
Art-Girl: ...and he would listen to my problems and be there for me...
Shotgun: Makes me miss Science Rooster [might have been in the group, but for a trip to Ecuador] and her science facts and judgment.

Next: If they like brains, have we got the Legionnaire for them!

1 comment:


  1. Cryptocurrency Scam Recovery Services | Visit Alpha Recovery Experts

    Choosing services of a professional crypto recovery specialists, Alpha Recovery Experts can have some key advantages when dealing with issues related to scammed funds recovery. Such services require experts with vast knowledge of blockchain technology and cryptography, which increases the possibility of a successful recovery process.
    Alpha Recovery Experts possess specialized tools and techniques to navigate complex recovery processes expeditiously. Additionally, knowing that Alpha Recovery Experts team is highly experienced to manage the retrieval process can bring peace of mind to those victimized with potential loss due to fraudulent investment websites.

    How to recover my losses from trading? Can you recover lost Bitcoins or Ethereum? How to recover my lost crypto?
    What is the best recovery company to help me recover my stolen Bitcoins? How can I recover stolen Crypto Assets? Can a hacked crypto be recovered?

    Contact: Website: Alpharecoveryexperts.com
    Email: (Alpharecoveryexpert@consultant.com)

    ReplyDelete