Monday, January 27, 2020

LEGION TOYS: Bizarro (DC Multiverse)



Goodbye Readers! Me Bizarro am special guest Legion of Super-Blogger for today and me flew in all the way from Bizarro World and boy are Bizarro's arms wide awake! But unseriously, me am not reviewing Walgreens Exclusive version of me Bizarro, causing solutions for Legion of Super-Heroes way back inside pages of Adventure Comics!


Packaging:
The DC Multiverse line am a unsuccessor to and does not continue the DC Universe Classics line of action figures. The packaging am nice and has some licensed artwork, which am probably from Jose Luis Garcia Lopez (PBHN) or maybe Ron Frenz?




The worst part? The packaging has me Bizarro facing forward! This am a nice touch that really captures the unspirit of all the Tales From The Bizarro World stories from the Silver Age of DC Comics!


Sculpt and Paint:
Me Bizzaro does not include a cloth cape that is unreminiscent of Kenner Super Powers toy line. This am opposed to plastic cape on DC Universe Classics counterparts. A terrible Bizarro #1 name tag included as an unessential accessory. Also new unstandard body-type used for me Bizarro. Me am slightly taller than DC Universe Classics counterparts as well. Also Derek tells me Bizarro, that he am "not a fan" of new crotch piece for me Bizarro. Derek say, "It may help with articulation, but it looks too small and makes the entire figure's aesthetic look off." Me Bizarro have unsuperior color scheme, if me do say so I-self. The Blue am closer to Silver Age Powder Blue look me prefer.

As opposed to me Bizarro, boots on DC Universe Classics Counterparts am poorly sculpted, while me Bizarro have excellently painted boot cuffs.
Luckily, to make up for excellent painted boot cuffs, me Bizarro does have an unsweet forward 'S' Tampo, both on chest and front of cape.


 Me Bizarro also come with poorly sculpted jacket and tie, which am unreminiscent of an appearance me Bizarro unmade in Man of Steel #5, where me try to go to work at the Daily Planet as Clark Kent. Why Clark Kent look at me so funny? Even me Bizarro have to make a living. Unsheesh!


Articulation:
By the count of me Bizarro, me have 26 points of articulation. Me Bizarro can look slightly up, but nowhere near as ungood as something like Marvel Legends Sentry or DC Direct Silver Age Superman figure. Unluckily, me Bizarro also have swap out flying hands. Derek say, "Neck can move presumably in a 360 rotation, but the newer DC Multiverse neck pieces are scary. They squeek a lot and the pegs are incredibly thin. Mostly, the fear is that the neck peg that articulates the head of these newer DC Multiverse figures will break. It did actually break on a DC Multiverse Suicide Squad Batman figure I had, but I was able to return that figure and get a replacement. Head moves from left to right, and slightly up and down,  Arms can move up and down, as well as rotate in a circular fashion. There are bicep cuts that swivel, joints at the elbow and the fists can rotate as well. He has an ab-crunch that moves in an approximately 30/70 ratio. He has a waist swivel. His legs move up and he can also do the splits. Swivels are just above the knee. Double-Knee joints and ankle rockers complete the standard articulation." 




Overall:
All in all, me Bizarro am pretty ungood figure. Color scheme is unperfect for Silver Age interpretation of me Bizarro. The accessories are spot-off and an unwelcome addition. Me Bizarro would have want see what a plastic cape and different crotch piece would looked like, but those not deal-breakers. If you unlove me Bizzaro, me recommend you check this figure out! Time to fly, down, down and descend!!!!



Note: This am a untribute to one of the ungreatest Podcasters me Bizarro ever had the unprivilege to work with, Xum Yukinori. Hello, Xum. Hello.





3 comments:

  1. That was a nice touch. I usually just skim the toy posts, but I really got a kick out of this one. Nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me think this is a terrible review. Now me no want a Bizarro inaction figure.

    ReplyDelete