Monday, February 28, 2022

The Legion of Daab Heroes!

I recently commissioned a poster of the Legion of Super-Heroes from my good buddy, artist extraordinaire Luke Daab. 

I told him I wanted it to call back to the Neal Adams 1976 calendar illustration, but maybe with them flying straight at the audience.

I also suggested he reference the Mike Grell Limited Collector's Edition cover, which also has the Legionnaires flying out at the reader. 

So I gave him a list of twelve of my favorite Legionnaires, and the era I wanted him to portray, and a list of others he could fit in if he had the space or if the design worked for them. 

And what he came up with blew my Legion-loving mind!!! 

Just take a look and you'll see the characters I love the most. It's always hard to narrow down Legionnaires, but I think I included a great collection of the Baxter-era members. Don't you agree? 

I HAD to start with the founders, and then front and center are my three favorites: Chameleon Boy, Shadow Lass, and Mon-El. And Tellus is a sentimental favorite, not only because he was the first non-humanoid member, but also because he was created by the late, great Steve Lightle. 


I also LOVE the pairing of Phantom Girl and Ultra Boy, flying side-by-side with Sensor Girl. Phantom Girl has her eyes on the mission, but Ultra Boy has his eyes on Phantom Girl, haha! 

I love this SO much. I hope you like it, too! This print is available at Luke's site: 

Daab Creative LSH #355 

Please head over there and get one of these for yourself! Believe me, it looks even better at a larger size. I just didn't want people to save this picture at a high-quality resolution. Go get yourself a real copy of this masterpiece! 


Or the set of post-cards based on these portraits...!
https://www.daabcreative.com/prints/legion-card-set



Long Live Luke Daab 
and....
Long Live the Legion!! 

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty darn cool.

    SO psyched that you have Polar Boy, Tinya & Jo, Tasmia and Wildfire in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Timber Wolf is the only one I'm a bit sad Luke couldn't get in there, but I always preferred Star Boy's uniform; and you can't argue against Dream Girl's inclusion; and Invisible Kid fits right there between Dawny and Dreamy! :-)
    I actually thought "he could have squeezed in Quislet," but Q was never one of my favorites, so I don't really miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was scammed BTC/USDT/ETH? Consult Bliss Paradox Recovery.
    Recover a stolen bitcoin with a reputable hacker, Bliss Paradox Recovery. Their services are reputable. I witness how they helped my BTC worth $300k was fully recovered by them.
    Contact Detail:
    Telegram.... Blissparadoxrecovery
    Email.... Blissparadoxrecovery AT aol. com

    ReplyDelete