Friday, January 4, 2019

Fridays with Anj! What's Next?


I had lived through a lot with the Legion by the time 2008 rolled around.

I had lived through the original run and the 5YL redirection.

I had left the team for 10 long years, giving me a knowledge gap the size of the Grand Canyon in my Legion lore.

I had come back for the Threeboot and saw Supergirl lead the team.

I had even been around for the Reboot, a return of the old Legion which happened right around the time Final Crisis was hitting the stands.

After taking in so many versions of my favorite team and after hearing that this crisis would be the final crisis, I was intrigued with the idea of a Legion of 3 Worlds story, perhaps a way to 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' the Legion concept, smushing all the versions together into one continuity, removing the 'multiverse' of the Legion into a universe.

I can remember being floored by much of the book when it came out. I remember snippets of it.

But either due to old age and poor memory or a lackluster story that didn't stick in my mind, I don't remember too much about this.

And so I will do my best to dissect and re-digest this mini-series over the next several Fridays.

Feel free to let me know what you thought of this mini-series overall here on this post! It will be a good warm up for me as I dive in!

4 comments:

  1. It's funny you say that. I don't remember much of it either. Might have to dig them out before your recaps begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reread it every so often. It has flaws but it is an enjoyable reading, and a decent send-off for the Reboot and Threboot Legions.

    Brainy bickering with... himself and himself was one of the highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this. I don't recall much either, except for the gorgeous art, and much of my re reading has been more of a "re watching the pictures" than anything else.
    Maybe your reviews will re kindle my enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When this came out, I was hoping that it would become a "smushing" together (kind of what you said) permanently, and that the three Legions would combine together into some multiversal protection force in the future. You know, a team that crossed all time and all dimensions. I still kind of wish, that at the end, they had taken the best of all three Legions and created a team out of that.

    ReplyDelete