Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Dragon Con 2014 - Legion of Super Cosplayers

Howdy Legionnaires! The Irredeemable Shag here to share my latest adventure! Last week I attended Dragon Con, the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the universe! That's quite a mouthful. To simplify, we call it, "Geek Mardi Gras"!

Over the years Dragon Con has earned the reputation as the premier cosplay convention. Among the 65,000+ attendees, you can't throw a Flight Ring without hitting a cosplayer. This year was no exception! 

Today a number of blogs across the interwebs will be featuring various cosplayers from Dragon Con 2014. Here at the Legion of Super Bloggers, we're thrilled to be part of our first multi-blog crossover!

Throughout the convention, I kept my eyes peeled for Legion cosplayers. While at one of the Superhero Costuming Forum photoshoots, I bumped into Brek Bannin (Polar Boy) and Rokk Krinn (Cosmic Boy)! Great costumes and really nice attention to detail!


I was really bummed as I didn't see any additional Legionnaires all weekend. Then when I got home, we stumbled across these next photos on Facebook!! There was a Legion cosplay meet-up, and I missed it?!?! Such a bummer. Check out this fantastic group shot found via Reading with a Flight Ring Facebook group.


When I dug a little deeper, I came across this next funny shot of Superboy being a jerk! Ha! Found via Badger Studios. For more pics from the Legion meet-up, check out Badger Studio's album from August 29. Wildfire even showed up for a few photos!


While at the convention, I also had the good fortune to meet legendary Legion artist, Mike Grell! Such a nice guy! Below is a photo of Mike and I, along with a print I purchased of Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, and Cosmic Boy. Really enjoyed chatting with Mike! Excellent artist, great writer, and all around swell dude! 


While my Dragon Con experience was exceptional this year, the rest of my convention adventure was sadly Legion free. Fingers-crossed next year for even more Legion cosplay!


Dragon Con Cosplay Crossover Links

As mentioned, several different blogs have teamed-up today to cover some of the amazing cosplayers at Dragon Con 2014! Visit these other character-specific blogs to see how they spotlight their own favorite heroes today. Visit them now, visit them later, and visit them often!
Long Live the Legion!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had the opportunity to meet Mr. Grell yet, but he is often a regular on the Wizard World Con Circuit, so I'm hoping that with an upcoming Wizard World Des Moines and Wizard World Minneapolis in the next couple of months, I finally have the chance to meet him.

    Shag, I think the question on everyone's mind is, did you ask Mike who was hotter, Shakira from Warlord or Dream Girl from LoSH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool that you found those other photos of the LoSH meeting. Those costumes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff. Has anyone ever done a Grell group? Loser has to be Cos ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! Thanks for sharing and organizing this crossover Shag!

    ReplyDelete