Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Who's Who: Magno

Magno
by Siskoid

Real Name: Dyrk Magz
Super-Power(s): Magnetism.
Planet of Origin: Braal
Legion Seniority: Magno was the fourth completely new Legion recruit after the Reboot.

Legion Log
Dyrk Magz was a fairly typical native of Braal, with the same magnetic powers as everyone else. What set him apart from the crowd, though, was his courage in applying to join the Legion of Super-Heroes, a bravery that was rewarded when they accepted him as Magno replacing the absent Cosmic Boy. During the Legion's battle against Mordru, he was unfortunately hit by a mystical blast which cost him his powers and was forced to resign.

Magno briefly returned to Braal, but eventually found a place with the Legion as the permanent guard at the Legion's Outpost Allon. During this time, he briefly dated XS. The Outpost was destroyed in a spatial rift and the Legion disbanded, so Magz joined the Science Police and was stationed on Braal where he secretly assisted a band of Legionnaires in seizing a Braalian ship so they could head for Earth.

After the Threeboot, Magno does not seem to exist.

After Infinite Crisis, it is not clear whether Magno exists, but after Flashpoint, he is seen as one of the Legion's younger members.

Important Magno Stories:

Legionnaires #43
Magno is inducted into the Legion
 
Legionnaires #44

Magno's first mission

Legionnaires #50
Magno loses his powers in battle with Mordru

Legionnaires #51-53
Magno's struggles after losing his powers and having to leave the Legion

Legionnaires #56 and Legion of Super-Heroes (v4) #100
Magno returns to the Legion to staff Outpost Allon

Legionnaires #59
Magno reveals his feelings for a clueless XS

Legion of Super-Heroes (v4) #114-115
Magno temporarily recovers his powers when he is turned into a Bizarro

Legionnaires #77
Confirmation that Magno and XS are dating

Legion of Super-Heroes (v4) #121
Magno helps Brainiac 5 defeat Tharok of the Final Five

Legion Worlds #3
Magno becomes a Science Police officer on Braal

Justice League United #8
Magno appears as an active member in the post-Flashpoint universe

2 comments:

  1. I had never even noticed this guy before!

    ReplyDelete

  2. BITCOIN SCAM RECOVERY SOLUTIONS / ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS.
    How do I Recover My Stolen Cryptocurrency Without Being Scammed Again?

    I can't stop thanking ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS for assisting me in recovering my lost bitcoin, which I had assumed was lost forever. I recently lost $318,000 to a cryptocurrency investment scam. The company posed as an investment firm that could provide a high percentage of profits if you deposited Bitcoin with them. At first, it appeared to be real; it worked twice. I had no idea they had set up a (robot) that would entirely shut down your account after you had opted to invest much. One day, while browsing the internet, I came across a story about how ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS assisted a family in recovering their lost investment from a fraud. Experiencing a similar problem. I chose to contact them. From our initial chat, it was evident that ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS had a genuine desire to aid fraud victims like myself. He began by reviewing my findings and then started the recovery process. It took the team 72 hours to locate and restore my stolen funds. I am incredibly appreciative for the recovery services he provided me.

    Below are their contact details
    WhatsApp: +44(745)742-4681
    Website; Alpharecoveryexpert.com

    ReplyDelete