The Legionnaires featured were Mon-El, Lightning Lad, Brainiac 5, Cosmic Boy, Chameleon Boy, and Saturn Girl. All were illustrated by Dave Cockrum, taken from his Lore of The Legion feature in Superboy/Legion #202.
I came across most of these at some nostalgia store or some place in the late Seventies. I used them for pens and pencils for years until they cracked or broke during some of my moves. I think I still have the Aquaman one somewhere....
Who else would LOVE to see an actual Legion Toon Tumbler?
Addendum:
Seems like these pics were originally from Computonet dom com! I found them by doing an image search, but as LSH fan Michael noted below, you can find the entire collection here at Sidne Ward's Legion page. Nice job, Saturn Girl~!
And for completists' sake, here are the four Reserve and Honorary Legionnaires, too...!
*....Ma and Pa Kent!?!?!












Ok, sure, we don't have this chain in Canada (though I did buy some Slurpee stained comics at a 7-Eleven when I lived summers in Texas), but how come I've never heard of these ever?!
ReplyDeleteYou must have had a very Oliver Twist-like childhood, my friend.
DeleteExcept for the Jimmy and Lana cups, all of the Legionnaire cups plus the checklist were originally from Sidne Ward's page at http://www.computonet.com/saturngirl/lsh/lshcup.html, where she's had the page since 1997. It would be nice if you could credit her.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up. I have added her to the post.
DeleteWhat a blast from the past. I had several of these when they came out. I wish I still had them but it'd be unlikely they'd have survived the time unless well preserved which I was not known for. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHow To Hire The Best Crypto Recovery Expert - Alpha Recovery Experts
ReplyDeleteAlpha Recovery Experts provides recovery solutions to those who have been victims of investment scams in order to recoup their losses. I was a victim of a phony cryptocurrency exchange fraud and lost a significant sum of money. I was in shock and discomfort because this was my hard-earned money and life savings. The fear of losing my investment was agonizing. Desperate for an answer, I turned to the internet. I looked through forums, read articles, and even spoke with so-called "experts," but nothing seemed to work. Just when I thought all hope was lost, I came across Alpha Recovery Experts, who stepped in and helped me recover my money. From our first interaction, Alpha Recovery Experts demonstrated professionalism and skill throughout the recovery process.
Email Add; Alpharecoveryexpert@consultant.com
WhatsApp/Text; +44 (745)-742-4681.